Can Ṣaqdat ul Fiṭr be given to a carer on behalf of the one in care?


A disabled lady who is totally disabled maybe physically and cannot function is cared for in india by her brother. Can sadqat ul fitr be donated to her brother for her?



In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,


Ṣaqdat ul Fiṭr can only be paid to a person who is eligible to receive Zakāt. This is one whose Zakātable items and surplus non-Zakātable items are valued below the niṣāb threshold.
Surplus non-Zakātable items are those items that are never used and/or are beyond one’s basic necessities.
In light of the above, if the lady in question is eligible to receive Ṣadqat ul Fiṭr, then Ṣadqat ul Fiṭr can be given to her brother in order for it to be passed on to her or used in her interests.


And Allah, the Almighty, knows best


Mufti Sufyan


Share Button

Article By:
Print Print

You Might also like

  • No related posts found!
Join Our Mailing List
Get updates and latest articles in your inbox!

Tayyib HMC FInder

Content Soul


Sorry! there is no comment posted.

Leave a Reply